Join Rent Roll Radio’s host, Sterling Chapman, with his guest Dustin Heiner as they talk about achieving cash flow by building a business first before buying properties. Dustin is the founder and host of Master Passive Income, sharing insights into successful real estate investing in rental properties to help people with their business journey. At MPI, they value each business owner’s story since a lot can be learned from it, from their successes and, most importantly, their failures. So today, Dustin shares his journey, from becoming his own boss, quitting his job, and teaching others to do the same.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The value of being your own boss and how our jobs should not define who we are
- Ways to use your skills and knowledge to become successfully unemployed
- Why you should first build your business before buying any property
- What equation will make your money work for you as opposed to you working for it
- How to scale your business and move on to more long-term wealth-building strategies
- And much more!
About Dustin Heiner
In 2004, Dustin Heiner realized he would never be wealthy working for someone else. And so, he decided to work hard toward quitting my job and being his own boss. After reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Dustin knew he needed to become an investor. So, in turn, Heiner started investing in real estate and began earning cash flow in 2006, right before the crash in 2009.
Dustin took a weekend course from a real estate guru that cost $1,000, which started him down the path of rental properties. From that $1,000, he has grown his investment income to $8,500 per month, which only took him eight years to do. Eventually, Dustin quit working for the local government in 2016 and promised to never work for someone else again.
Connect with Dustin Heiner!